Analysis & Tools
- National Weather Service forecast for Las Vegas
- National Weather Service forecast for Angel Peak
- Western Regional Climate Center weather station at Spring Mountain Youth Camp
- MesoWest Surface Weather Maps (Nevada) choose Network: All Networks
- CSU CIRA GOES satellite images
- University of Wyoming radiosondes
- NOAA NCEP weather forecast model guidance
- NOAA NCEP GFS (University of Wyoming) (1°, 240 h)
- NOAA NESDIS RAQMS (1°, 96 h)
- NOAA ESRL GSD RAP-Chem (13 km, 48 h)
Note that the lower resolution, but longer forecast time RAQMS runs are used to initialize the higher resolution RAP-Chem runs.
The RAP-Chem and RAQMS models forecast total O3 and CO on isobaric and isentropic surfaces, respectively. The 320 K RAQMS surface lies in the upper troposphere (> 7 km asl) and the 500 hPa RAP-Chem surface lies in the mid-troposphere (about 5-6 km asl). The 300 K and 700 hPa surfaces roughly correspond to about 3 km asl. Use the RAP-Chem "Domain 1" to show the entire model domain and "Domain 2" to show the western U.S.