Platform: Ground Site
Hosted by the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
Observations and Sampling Location
Operating at the St. Luke's Meridian site 1 August - 10 September 2019:
|Investigator||Affiliation||Instrument / Measurement Info|
|Idaho DEQ||Standard NCORE observations including CO, NOy, O3, PM2.5, etc.|
|Dan Jaffe||University of Washington||"Suitcase VOC sampler", spectrally resolved UV flux (with Flynn and Hall)|
|Ezra Wood||Drexel University||HOx, NO/NO2|
|EPA Office of Research and Development||variety of instrumentation specific to their goals|
Key Research Goals
- Evaluate different methods to get O3 production in smoke influenced air masses (e.g. NO*HOx, dO3/dT).
- Evaluate consistency of extended Leighton relationship with observations of NOx and HOx.
- Examine NOx and VOC sensitivity to O3 production in urban influenced/smoke plumes.
- Examine J values as a function of PM in smoke plumes.
- Test new OVOC sampler ("suitcase sampler") as a tool to identify presence of smoke at low concentrations in urban areas.