Platform: NOAA-CHEM Twin Otter Instruments
Tenax cartridge autosampler
Speciated VOC (volatile organic compound) measurements
Sorbent-tube sample collection:
8 sample capacity / flight
Flow rates up to 1 LPM
Each samples manually triggered to exclusively capture smoke
- Speciate VOC emissions and calculate emission factors from young smoke
- Does isomer speciation vary significantly between fires?
- Observe photochemical decay of reactive compounds
- Can we link specific precursors to SOA (secondary organic aerosol) production?
- Compare daytime and nighttime chemistry
- Are there observable differences in VOC reactivity with different oxidants?
Paul Van Rooy